What level is the exam?
The exam focuses on Level C1 (IELTS band score 6.5 to 8.0) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – the level required for academic
and professional success.
Who is the exam for?
Cambridge English: Advanced is typically taken by high achievers who want to:
• follow an academic course at university level
• communicate effectively at managerial and professional level
• participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars
• carry out complex and challenging research
• stand out and differentiate themselves.
Who recognises the exam?
• Cambridge English: Advanced is accepted by more than 5,000 organisations, employers and governments around the world as being a reliable, accurate and fair test of English. This includes universities and colleges in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and beyond.